- How many boroughs is New York divided into?
- What are they called? (What are their names?)
- What is notable about Manhattan?
- Is New York a small or a large city? What is its population?
- What adjacent states does the New York metropolitan area encompass?
- How many tourists per year used to visit NYC before the Covid–19 pandemic?
- What is the city’s GDP (gross domestic product)?
- Recommend a transportation method in New York.
- Describe the city’s subway. Why?
- Name 10 tourist attractions of New York.
- Have you ever visited New York? If not, how do you imagine the city is?
how many = quantos borough = zona/repartição de uma cidade
to divide – divided – divided = dividir to call – called – called = chamar
their = deles/delas notable = notável
about = sobre small = pequeno
large = grande or = ou
its = dele/dela adjacent = adjacente/vizinho
states = estados metropolitan area = área metropolitana
to encompass – encompassed – encompassed = abranger – abrangia – abrangido
tourists = turistas per year = por ano
used to visit = costumavam visitar before = antes
gross domestic product = produto interno bruto
to recommend – recommended – recommended = recomendar
transportation method = método de transporte
to describe – described – described = descrever
subway = metrô to name – named – named = nomear
ever = já/alguma vez to visit – visited – visited = visitar
if not = se não to imagine – imagined – imagined = imaginar