- After World War Two, the United States becomes the most powerful nation on Earth.
- Queen Elizabeth II became queen on February 6th, 1952.
- I just can’t bear this pain anymore!
- The show begins at 7 pm.
- The class began 15 minutes ago.
- Strong winds make the trees bend.
- The trees bent because of the wind.
- I bet he lost the election!
- They bet too much money and lost all of it.
- Dogs bite when they are upset.
- A dog bit Mary’s leg.
- She is bleeding from the bite.
- She bled too much already!
- The wind blows gently this evening.
- Yesterday a strong wind blew away some leaves.
- Please don’t break the phone!
- The angry man broke his phone.
- She always brings her lunch to work.
- Yesterday she brought a tuna sandwich for lunch.
- Peter builds houses for a living.
- Peter built a beautiful house last month.
after – depois
II (the second) – Segundo
1952 (nineteen fifty-two) – 1952
the most – o mais
powerful – poderoso
nation – nação
on Earth – na Terra
queen – rainha
I just can’t – simplesmente não posso
pain – dor
anymore – não mais
minutes ago – minutos atrás
strong winds – ventos fortes
trees – árvores
because of – por causa de
too much money – dinheiro demais
all of it – todo dele
upset – chateado
leg – perna
from the bite – da mordida
too much – demais
already – já
the wind – o vento
this evening – esta noitinha
yesterday – ontem
away – para longe
some leaves – algumas folhas
please – por favor
his phone – o telephone dele
angry man – homem furioso
always – sempre
her lunch – o almoço dela
to work – para o trabalho
a tuna sandwich – um sanduíche de atum
for lunch – para o almoço
houses – casas
for a living – como trabalho
last month – o mês passado
VERBS USED IN THIS CLASS:
to become became become (vir a ser, tornar-se)
to bear bore born (suportar, aguentar)
to begin began begun (começar)
to make made made (fazer)
to bend bent bent (dobrar, entortar)
to bet bet bet (apostar)
to lose lost lost (perder)
to bite bit bitten (morder)
to bleed bled bled (sangrar)
to blow blew blown (soprar, assoprar)
to break broke broken (quebrar)
to bring brought brought (trazer)
to build built built (construir)